Saturday, July 25, 2009

Vintage Jewelry Designer of the Week - Who am I?

This is another in my ongoing guessing game series about popular vintage jewelry designers. I'll give you some clues and pictures and you see if you can guess which designer it is. Ready? Here are your clues:
  • Dates of Operation - 1886 to the present day
  • Design Techinques - no real specific techniques but made great use of floral designs
  • Lots of use of marcasites for accents
  • Owned Tiffany and Co in the early 1980s
  • Many notable designers such as Kenneth Lane, Coreen Simpson and Louis Ferraud
  • Changed the name of the company in 1939 to the name we know today
  • Added jewelry to their product lines in 1971
  • Believed in the door to door direct marketing approach for selling
Here are some pictures of some of my designs:


I am considered a lower end designer today. For more information and the answer to today's riddle, you can go to this designer page of the resource library on my website Vintage Jewelry Lane. (answer is also shown reading backwards at the bottom of this blog post.)

I'll be doing more of these riddles over the next weeks and months. Have fun with the series. Answer: (read it backwards) novA

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I loved testing my knowledge.

    ReplyDelete