Friday, December 11, 2009

Vintage Jewelry Designer - Who Am I?

This is another in my ongoing guessing game series about popular vintage jewelry designers. I'll give you some clues and pictures and you see if you can guess which designer it is. Ready?

Here are your clues:
  • The dates of operation of the company are 1927 to the present day.
  • The company was founded in Providence Rhode Island
  • Design Characteristics: Very good enamel designs, fashionable and well priced, good quality jewelry with a nice finish
  • This company was one of the principle suppliers of department stores in the 1940s
  • Considered a medium end designer
  • Their Christmas designs are popular and collectible
  • The company changed hands several times through the years. Owners were General Mills, Crystal Brands, and Liz Claiborne
Here are some pictures of my designs:


I am considered a medium end designer and my pieces are fairly easy to find today. For more information and the answer to today's riddle, you can go to this designer page of the resource library on my website Vintage Jewelry Lane. (answer is also shown reading backwards at the bottom of this blog post.)

I'll be doing more of these riddles over the next weeks and months. Have fun with the series. Answer: (read it backwards) tenoM

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog! I write a jewelry blog as well, and your articles are so informative. Thanks for great writing and great photos.

    ReplyDelete