David Andersen - Scandinavian Silver at its Best
David Andersen jewelry is a family operation that was founded in 1896 and has been handed down through the family ever since then.
The designs are very high quality and also very collectible, particularly among collectors of Scandinavian silver jewelry. Designs are the work of many silversmiths but all have only the David Andersen mark on them.
David Andersen jewelry is famous for their Basse-taille leaf pins which were made in most jewelry styles - bracelets, earrings, necklaces, brooches and sets.
Many marks are evident on the pieces:
- picture logo of tongs and a hammer (late 19th century).
- D-A 830s (early 20th century)
- Christiana D. Andersen 830s (early 20th century)
- D-A925S Norway Sterling with balancing scale logo (mid 20th century on)
- David-Anderson Norway Sterling Handmade 925S
- DA-Norway sterling
- David-Andersen Norway Sterling
Here are some examples of David Andersen designs:
For those who collect, all David Andersen pieces are good investments. For the best investment, be sure to examine the enameling to make sure it is in good condition. Look for older pieces with the D-A 830S markings and also look for vintage sets in their original boxes.
Vintage Jewelry Lane has a nice range of David Andersen leaf jewelry. You can view them on this page of my website.
Do you collect Scandinavian silver? Who are some of your favorite designers?