Monday, March 4, 2013

Vintage Fashion Shots - How Times Have Changed

A Look Back with Nostalgic Vintage Fashion Shots

Fashions have changed through the years, that is for sure.  For me, there is nothing as nostalgic and looking back at fashion shots from the past.  It is a stark reminder that what we think of as fashion now is nothing like the trends from days gone by.

On my Facebook page, Vintage Jewelry Lane, I often feature these nostalgic images, as well as modern contemporary fashion photos.  I thought it would be fun to look back in time by viewing some of the older ones.

Louis Vitton
 Avante Garde - Louis Vitton.  We don't see this on public transport today!

1900 street fashion
 1900's street Fashion.  This is a far cry from street fashion today, isn't it?

Anyone for a ride? 

lounging in style
 This one is my personal favorite. She looks as though she doesn't have a care in the world!

Lucille Ball
 Lucille Ball in all her finery. This comedienne was a beautiful woman.

Carmen Miranda and Her Platforms.  Now this is a lady who loves shoes!

Vintage Hats.  Not something you see every day.  Remember buying a new hat for Easter each year?
 
Many thanks to my Facebook Friends for the images.

Very Sherry Vintage
Boylerpf Antique Vintage Jewelry
Vintage Style
Carole Tanenbaum Vintage Jewelry

For more vintage and contemporary fashion shots, please see Vintage Jewelry Lane on Facebook.

Do you enjoy looking back at Vintage Photos?  Does it make you nostalgic?


18 comments:

  1. I didn't know you are behind Vintage Jewelry Lane... wow.. love your posts... love vintage in all its forms.. cheers to glamor.. glitz... style and elegance.. !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words and for taking the time to comment. I am glad you enjoy my posts. Carol

      Delete
  2. I love those buttons on the suit worn by the woman with the Louis Vitton satchel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is interesting the different details that one sees in a photo. Carol

      Delete
  3. I love this 1900's street Fashion photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very different from street fashion today, isn't it?

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It is always so nostalgic to look at how clothing has changed. Carol

      Delete
  5. When my grandmother passed I got some of her old jewelry..will cherish them forever..so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is always so nice. I have some from those who have passed away too and always think of them when I wear it. Carol

      Delete
  6. I love looking at your vintage photos. Funny how some fashions return and wham you are back in style. When I was small we use to get a new hat once a year for Easter. The fancier the better. LOL those were the days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too on the hats! Looked forward to it. Carol

      Delete
  7. To me, nothing today looks as nice as the old vintage look. Ladies really looked lady-like :). Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true. Hard to find someone who looks like a lady now adays.
      Caro'

      Delete
  8. Love the photographs. I was a photojournalist for 16 years and can appreciate the portraits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed them David. Carol

      Delete
  9. While I love the 1900's street fashion, I can only imagine how uncomfortable it must have been. Sure wish we could get back to a more modest time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Just love them all ...Louis Vitton still making his big bags!!! I just love fashion too

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin