Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Jewelry at the Oscars 2013

Oscars 2013 - the Stars Bring out the Bling.

Oscars 2013 was like all others. The runways were full of stars strutting out their finery. It did seem to me that jewelry was more prominent than years past.

Often, the stars will don gowns and the designers seem to want them unadorned for the most part so that the gown will do the talking.

This year the jewelry took more of a center stage.  Here were some of my favorites:

Jennifer Anniston, all decked out from head to toe.  Look at the ring!

Halley  Berry went for a more informal look with thse black earrings.  Match her dress beautifully though.

  
Jennifer Garner in a festoon necklace.  Love the design of this one. Looks very vintage.

More statement earrings by Catherine Zeta Jones. This time in brown and earth tone colors.  Love them!

Charleze Theron sports a big chunky bracelet.  Very popular style right now.

Jennifer Hudson in big statement earrings with both blue and gren. Love her hair for the occasion.

Did you notice that the jewelry made more of a statement this year? Or did it seem like other years to you?

Photo credit:  All Getty Images.

14 comments:

  1. I noticed the jewelry on the lovely ladies. Seems like the trend now is bold statements with jewelry. Thanks for a neat post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really struck me how prominent the jewelry was in comparison to the past years. Those big earrings are definitely not something normally seen at the Oscars.

      Delete
  2. I noticed it. Everyone was talking about their jewelry and who it was from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I sell jewelry, it always used to bug me that they would have on those glamorous dresses and not a necklace in sight and very small earrings....very few bracelets.

      Good to know that people are actually wearing it again!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous pieces. BTW How do you make that 'zoom' close up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The images were that way from the Getty ones I found but it could be done in any photo imaging program. Just do a close up and then add it "as a selection" in the bottom corner.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful jewels and beautiful ladies. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, jewelry was definitely more of a focal point this year. I love so many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love looking at the accessories as well As A jewelry seller I pay attention to these trends and love to see what Hollywood is forecasting for the future jewelry and accessory trends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always good when Hollywood makes a jewelry statement. It flows through to retail.

      Delete
  7. I didn't watch the Oscars as usual, but these pictures of the jewelry are gorgeous! I am very much a jewelry person :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't watch either. I used to every year, but I don't go to the movies much now.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin