Sunday, June 13, 2010

All Manner of Fur Cats and Dogs

I love whimsical figural jewelry, especially critter jewelry. In my experience, cats, dogs and owls are the most popular, but there are collectors of all forms of figural jewelry.

I wrote in depth several months ago about a customer of mine - Melissa from the UK, who has a fantastic collection of fur cat jewelry. She snapped up a couple of cute fur kitty brooches of mine from my eBay store - Carolina Collections Vintage Jewelry, and then we exchanged emails about her collection.

Melissa updated me today with new pictures of her collection. It has really grown. She says that
she has lost her gray wolf, a happy panda and a blue eyed cat. But she's replaced them with others. I see a bunny and cute little dog are new, plus several others.

Here is a photo of her collection as it is now (You can click the photo for a larger look at the furry critters):


For those of you who enjoy sculptures and collages, Melissa has a website which deals in these mediums.

2 comments:

  1. Those are awesome! I love figural jewelry, too, particularly cats and dogs. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from Brazil and I'm starting my own vintage furry animal brooch collection too, but I wear mine on my head with a barrete or pin. I'm really interested to know who made them and where are they from. It's being a challenge to find some to buy on internet since there's nothing like these on my contry! :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin