Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Exciting New for Vintage Jewelry Lane

Followers of this blog may have noticed that I haven't been writing to it every day like I was last year. The reason is simple -not enough hours in a day.

But the biggest reason is that I have been knee deep in a complete renovation of my two websites Vintage Jewelry Lane and Vintage Jewelry Mall. I've had to undertake this because I am adding a full fledged shopping cart to the sites and it was actually easier to redo the two sites instead of trying to fix the coding on the sites as they are now.

Easier, but certainly not without a huge amount of time. I've been working around the clock to get all the stock transferred to the new cart as well as recoding all the pages. Any of you who have ever done a website from scratch know what an undertaking this is!

The look will be more sleek and modern and the navigation will be vastly improved. Search will now give PICTURES instead of the words it does now. (One of my biggest loves) Believe me when I say, you will be in for a treat when the sites go live in a few weeks.

So this is just a tease to get you interested. Stay tuned. I'll keep you updated as I progress. There will be a few parts of the site not quite ready when I make the move to the cart. The resource library will be getting updated after the site goes live. I may also move the blog to the site to, so that everything is all in one house. I haven't quite made that decision yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin