Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Bling was out in Force at the 2009 Emmy Awards Ceremony

I've been following the choices of Hollywood stars at all the award ceremonies for the last few years. One thing that they all had in common was the lack of jewelry at the neckline. Readers of my blog know that I find this look somewhat "unfinished." So, the red carpet photos from this week's Emmy awards was a nice change for me.

The bling was out in force! And not just on the wrists and ear lobes, as the previous events were. This time, necklines were adorned, many with fairly large statement necklaces.

Since I love vintage jewelry, one of my favorite looks was Lindsay Price's plum and black gown, which she teamed up with a stunning Maltese Cross Edwardian brooch. I can't decide whether the placement of the pin appeals to me, or whether I'd like to see it a bit higher on the strap, but the brooch is a stunner.

There were lots of big, bold bracelets in force, and small evening clutches seemed to be the purse accessory of choice. Fabsugar.com has a great gallery of photos from the evening for those that want to see some of the other choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin