Friday, June 5, 2009

Fantastic Jewelry Resource Book with A Twist - Sherri Duncan "Jewels of Passion"

I am always on the lookout for new and interesting vintage jewelry resource books. Each one seems to offer me new information that I hadn't gleaned from a previous book. But, most of the vintage jewelry reference books profiles a variety of different designers, or design techniques. Sherri Duncan and Deby A. Roberts have teamed up to create a new resource book with a definite twist.

The book is called "Jewels of Passion." Instead of the normal profiling of well known designers, this book shares with the readers examples of some of the famous vintage jewelry designer's finest work. All of the jewelry pieces are drawn from the phenomenal personal vintage jewelry collection of Sherri Duncan, one of the authors. The book also has photos of the author and her friends wearing the jewelry along with fun stories and memories associated with her passion over the years. As Sherri says she sees jewelry as absolutely beautiful little works of art.

This book is wonderful because the collection that she show cases in the photos is such a phemomenal collection. She has some of the most visually stunning jewelry available including Juliana parures, Kenneth Jay Lane collar, Schreiner bib necklace and earrings and other creations to die for. The Hagler and Haskell sections have pieces in it that are just so opulent and exquisite. The book is available from Amazon for only $26.39 and they have quanties in stock now.

Sherri also has a lovely new vintage jewelry site where she sells very high end antique and vintage jewelry. I had fun browsing through the jewelry and just drooling over the exquisite pieces. Here is a youTube video which showcases some of her offerings.




If you are a vintage jewelry seller and would like to have your site featured here, please email me.

2 comments:

  1. what a spectacular jewelry collection....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed, I have to admit. Rarely do I encounter a blog that's both equally educative and engaging, and let me tell you, you've hit the nail on the head. The issue is something that not enough men and women are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I found this in my hunt for something regarding this.
    Fine cubic zirconia jewelry

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin