Friday, May 8, 2009

Vintage Jewelry Designer - Who am I?

Here we go again. This is another in my ongoing guessing game blog about vintage jewelry designers. I'll give you some clues and pictures and you see if you can guess which designer it is. Ready?

Here are your clues:
  • Dates of operation are 1918 to today
  • Original design mark was KFT
  • Some design characteristics are use of Swarovski multi colored rhinestones and plating that looks a lot like real gold
  • Much use of brushed silvertone and goldtone metals
  • Made extensive use of patents in the 1940s and 1950s
  • Company was sold to Monet in the 1980s and then later to the Liz Claiborne Group and continues to be made by them today
  • Famous for dress clips and jelly belly pins
  • Originated in Italy
Here are some pictures of my designs:



I am considered a top end designer and my pieces are highly collectible today, although not exhorbitantly expensive. For more information and the answer to today's riddle, you can go to this designer page of the resource library on my website Vintage Jewelry Lane. (answer is also shown reading backwards at the bottom of this blog post.)

I'll be doing more of these riddles over the next weeks and months. Have fun with the series. ANSWER: (read it backwards): irafirT

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin