Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Pendant Making Contest Winners Announced at Wire Sculpture

I have to admit - I love looking around the web for details of jewelry making contests. Even though my niche and particular jewelry love is vintage jewelry, I find some modern designs lovely and am inspired by the creativity of the artists.

The folks at Wire Sculpture have just announced the winners of their recent Pendant necklace making competition. The site sells all sorts of findings, stones, and beads for those of you who create jewelry.

I enjoyed looking at photos of all the design winners, but my favorite is actually the second place winner shown here. It is called Fantasma - Burst of Glory and was made by designer Carolyn Fiene. I just love the colors and shape of the piece. Very ethnic looking in a Southwestern style. They even have a pattern for the necklace - complete with step by step photos and a complete list of the findings needed - if you want to try making it.

Which design is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin