Thursday, May 21, 2009

Flower Jewelry Personified!

Flower jewelry is one of my favorite types. I'm a gardener at heart and have had plants in some form in my life ever since I first left college and started out on my own. Right now, my passion is herbs, but flowers are my real love.

I was just browsing online the other day, looking for new jewelry making contests, and came across the most wonderful new site. The website is called "Glass in Bloom" and is the brainchild of artist Debra Dowden-Crockett. Debra was one of the winners of last year's Bead Arts contest with this wonderful creation that she called Watermelon Garden, using Italian and German Glass and Sterling silver.

From Debra's site: she has been designing jewelry for almost 11 years. Each of her pieces is lovingly created by hand in her studio from an inspiration, idea, or thought. Every bead and piece of jewelry she designs and constructs is one-of-a-kind and seems to have its own personality, not only through the creative process, but as a final work of art.

Debra’s work has been featured in many publications on glass art and has been exhibited at prestigious museums, galleries, and various venues around the country. Her gallery is located at Studio 712 at the Workhouse Arts Center in Lorton, VA, and, of course, her website Glass in Bloom.

Her site appears to be in its infancy. She only has a few pieces on show, but looks as though she will be adding more soon. This stunning necklace is on the main page of her jewelry category and is just stunning.



I'll be following her site to see what she adds and will feature her progress here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin