Sunday, April 26, 2009

Vintage Jewelry Designer - Who am I?

Let's have some fun today. It's time for another chapter in my guessing game about vintage jewelry designers. I'll give you some clues and a few photos and you see if you can figure out who the designer is. (the answer is at the bottom of the blog, reading backwards.)

Here are your clues:
  • Dates of operation are 1943 to approximately 1979
  • Famous for ear cover earrings
  • Introduced their "Diamond Look" and "Golden Look" in the 1960s and 1970s
  • Located in NY
  • Made jewelry for Christian Dior in the 1970s
  • Used very good quality specialty stones
  • Made many top end rhinestone statement necklaces
Here are some of my designs:


I am considered a top end designer and my pieces are highly collectible today, although not exhorbitantly expensive. For more information and the answer to today's riddle, you can go the designer page of the resource library on my website Vintage Jewelry Lane. (answer is also shown reading backwards at the bottom of this blog post.)

I'll be doing more of these riddles over the next weeks and months. Have fun with the series. ANSWER: (read it backwards): remarK

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin