Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Vintage Jewelry Designer - Who am I?

Time for another chapter in my guessing game about vintage jewelry designers. I'll give you some clues and a few photos and you see if you can figure out who the designer is. (the answer is at the bottom of the blog, reading backwards.)

Here are your clues:
  • Dates of Operation- 1901 to 1979 in the USA and until 1998 in Canada
  • Designed many pieces with good quality thermoset and rhinestones.
  • Famous for Jelly belly pins, duettes, and tremblers
  • Company founded in 1883 in Europe under the name Cohen and Rosenberg
  • Originally sold in five and dime stores in the USA and Canada
  • Sub group of the company is called Vendome
  • The company used a variety of different hallmarks
Here are some of my designs:



jelly belly and duette photo credit ebay sellers the*trinket*fairy and joolbait

I am considered a good designer for those starting to collect vintage jewelry. My jewelry is still fairly affordable and should rise in price. For more information and the answer to today's riddle, you can go to the designer page of the resource library on my website Vintage Jewelry Lane. (answer is also shown reading backwards at the bottom of this blog post.)

I'll be doing more of these riddles over the next weeks and months. Have fun with the series. ANSWER: (read it backwards): oroC

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin