Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Jewelry Ads - Then and Now

Okay, I readily admit it. I'm an old fashioned girl at heart. I love everything about vintage jewelry, from the design techniques, to the stones used, to the high end designers, to the construction details. There is something about holding a piece of the past which has withstood the test of time and knowing that I can pass the item on to my daughter that just appeals to me.

One aspect of jewelry that has not managed to withstand the test of time is the way in which jewelry is advertised in print. Even though I will happily wear a piece of vintage jewelry now, I don't wear it exactly as the designers pictured it in their ads from the past.


Check out these ads - the first is one of many vintage ads shown on the House of Francheska website. The second is a traditional modern ad from the Kieselstein-Cord Diamond Collection. One would have a hard time believing that the two ladies only lived a few decades apart.

Vintage Jewelry Lane has jewelry pieces which are similar to either style. Are you the romantic at heart in the top ad, or the glamour girl in the second? With our jewelry, you can be either!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin